Training Admission and Exclusion Panel Members
Over the last few years there has been a steady rise in the number of complaints to the Local Government Ombudsman and the Education and Skills Funding Agency. A well trained panel will result in less successful complaints to the Ombusman or EFSA.
Each year we deliver around 25 admission and permanent exclusion courses for a number of Local Authorities and School Admission Authorities. Our Principal, Stephen Payne, has also chaired an Admissions Conference for a national training organisation. Stephen is also currently Chair of the Greater London Region of the National Association of School Appeal Clerks.
Our training days are delivered over 4 plus hours and include interactive sessions and good old fashion powerpoint lectures! Details training notes are provided for all delegates.
Course are offered:
- Admissions’ Law and Appeals – a complete course
- Exclusion Law and Reviews – a complete course which includes the Governors stage
- Update admissions and exclusions – a full day refresher course with interactive sessions and reviewing appeals in the past. A very popular course
- Exclusions for Governors – 2 hour course
- Chair training – 1 hour course
Our charges start from £550 for a half day course to £850 for a full day course, plus travelling and overnight night (if applicable). Where there are more than 20 delegates an additional sum is charged for additional training manuals.
We train throughout England (different rules apply in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). Our Clients are as far north as Sunderland and Plymouth in the south.
Read what previous training delegates have said about our courses.